Tricolour Quinoa 200g
Quinoa is highly nutritious as it contains all 9 essential amino acids. It is wheat free and is an excellent alternative to rice or couscous. Artisan Grains Quinoa is pre-washed and requires no rinsing.
Pronounced `Keen-Wah`, Quinoa is a small white grain-like seed which has a delicately nutty flavour when cooked. After cooking it becomes fluffy and creamy but still satisfying bite. It makes a tasty alternative to Rice, Pasta or Couscous and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- High in fibre – to help digestion
- Low in fat (contains no saturated fat) – good for balanced diets
- Quick and easy – a convenient ingredient
- All natural, no preservatives or chemicals
- A good source of protein for tissue repair
- Contains all 9 essential Amino Acids (making it a complete protein)
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Contains Vitamins B1, B2 and B3 which can promote healthy hair, skin and nails
- 1 serving of Quinoa contains 29% of your daily Magnesium needs.
How to cook Quinoa (2 portions):
• Boil 600ml water in a medium saucepan.
• Add ½ pack (110g) Quinoa and simmer for 10-12 mins uncovered until a white germ appears.
• Drain excess water and use hot, or allow to cool and use warm or cold.
Ingredients: 100% quinoa seeds (white 60%, red 30%, black 10%)
Nutritional information (per 100g): Total energy 1553kJ/369Cal, fat 6.6g of which saturates 0.9g, Carbohydrates 65.2g of which sugars 2.8g, fibre 10.2g, protein 13.6g, salt 0.02
Tricolour quinoa served with legumes, root vegetables, onion, red cabbage and tomato paste for our dinner.