"Green Banana Flour?" You are probably wondering how this can benefit your health.
Well, please read on...
You are a health conscious person. You enjoy healthy eating but you haven’t got much time.
So you need a quick but healthy breakfast. Our instant Green Banana Porridge guarantees you breakfast in less than 2 minutes!
Green Banana Porridge
Or maybe you are an adventurous cook. You love trying out new ingredients and cuisines. You need an ingredient that is not only good for you but also new and exciting! Time to try green banana flour.
How about if you are on a gluten-free diet? Either for health reasons or just as a personal choice. Either way you are looking for a healthy alternative to wheat flour.
You’ve come to the right place.
Banana flour is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, fat-free and contains no preservatives or additives. It is 100% green banana flour.
It is also very easy to cook with. We will show you just how to use it for excellent results in baking or cooking.
How is Banana Flour made?
I grew up in Uganda and green bananas were a staple, we ate them everyday.
But it is only recently their full health benefits have come to light.
Back then, there was no banana flour. We cooked green bananas. We peeled off their skin and steamed them to retain nutrients. But green bananas are very difficult to peel. So you can imagine my excitement when recently a process was developed to make the flour.
The flour is made simply by peeling, drying and grinding green unripe bananas.
All done in a state of the art purpose-built factory.
What are the Health Benefits of Banana Flour?
There are many benefits of adding it into your regular diet.
- The main benefit is that Green bananas contain high levels of resistant starch, which is vital for feeding the good bacteria in the gut. A healthy gut leads to a healthy body because it increases the absorption of nutrients from the food you eat.
- Eating green bananas has also been thought to contribute to weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It also promotes a healthy colon and may be a factor in preventing colon cancer.
- It is also good for controlling blood sugar levels and may even help prevent diabetes.
These are just a few of the benefits of regularly consuming green banana flour. For a detailed explanation of all the health benefits please check out our benefits page.
How can you use Green Banana Flour?
Cooking with a new ingredient is always exciting.
You may wonder how to use it? Will it come out well? Will your family like it?
Well, when it comes to cooking with banana flour, all I can say is don’t worry. I will show you how to use this flour to get excellent results every time.
Banana flour is very easy to use
- It is a wonderful replacement for wheat and so can be used in all your gluten-free baking.
- It can also be used in addition to wheat to make your cakes or breads healthier by using half wheat half banana flour.
- Banana flour is also great for thickening soups, stews and gravies.
- Instant banana flour makes the most delicious porridge in less than a minute, literally.
- But also the flour can be used instead of mashed potato or polenta and served as a side dish.
- It makes the most amazing pancakes, they come out very light and soft. You can make thin crepes or fluffier American style ones. sweet or savoury. Yum!
Polyphenols in foods and their health benefits.
Polyphenols are a type of plant substances beneficial for our health. Consuming polyphenols is thought to improve dig...
How to recognise gluten intolerance?
Gluten intolerance is a fairly common issue.It is defined by adverse reactions to gluten, a protein discovered in rye...
The risk of depression in relation to dietary patterns - from psychiatry resaearch.
From the Abstract A dietary pattern characterized by high intakes of fruit, vegetables, whole grain, fish, olive oil,...