Brilliant will add a dash to brighten up your favourite everyday dishes. Here are a couple of the recipes to inspire you. They have been created by Cawston, a producer of pure juices made of fresh fruit and vegetables, pressed and gently packed into sealed cartons to save a full aroma of the summer days.
In this article, I`ve chosen the recipes including original fruit and veg blend Brilliant Beetroot. To see the product itself go to beetroot juice.
BLOOD ORANGE & BEETROOT JUICE
Blending beetroot and orange juice together makes the perfect morning drink.
- 1 x blood orange
- Brilliant Beetroot juice
Squeeze the blood orange into a glass and top up with an equal amount of chilled Brilliant Beetroot juice.
When blood oranges are out of season use another citric fruit of your choice – oranges, tangerines and pink grapefruit all work very well with beetroot.
BEETROOT COCONUT COOLER
- Brilliant Beetroot and Coconut water
Into a tall glass filled with ice, pour equal parts of Brilliant Beetroot and coconut water. Add a wedge of squeezed lime.
Swap with coconut milk for a more tropical twist.
Brilliant Beetroot & BBQ sauce dressing for a red slaw.
- 150ml Brilliant Beetroot
- 150ml BBQ sauce
- 50ml hot sauce (or to taste)
- Finely shredded 1/4 red cabbage
- Finely sliced large red onion
- Finely sliced red pepper
- Finely sliced large carrot
- Salt & pepper to season
- Soured cream to serve
- Whisk together the Brilliant Beetroot and your favourite BBQ sauce along with approx. 50ml hot sauce (or to taste) and season well.
- Finely shred/slice/julienne a red cabbage, a large red onion, a red pepper and a large carrot and toss in the sauce.
- Serve with soured cream alongside your preferred barbequed meats/fish/veggies.
Don’t just use as a slaw dressing. It also works well as a marinade for chicken or veg.
GOAT’S CHEESE SALAD DRESSING
Make your salad pretty in pink.
- 150g tub of soft goat’s cheese
- 4 tbs Radiant Roots
- pinch of cumin
Using a small whisk, beat the goat’s cheese and juice together until well blended. Add a pinch of cumin and season to taste. Use to dress a simple green salad – it works particularly well with peppery watercress.
Brilliant Beetroot juice is also great in this recipe, though without the hint of ginger.
Do you have any other ideas how to use beetroot juice? Please share your idea in comments and we will reward you by sending a package of Brilliant Beetroot.*
Source of the article and pictures: http://cawstonpress.com/recipes/
*This applies to the UK responders.